Join HCCC for the ninth annual HANDS-ON HOUSTON FAMILY FESTIVAL, a free community event. Families and visitors of all ages are invited to this fun day of indoor/outdoor activities. This year, HCCC celebrates the Craft Garden with hands-on activities, demonstrations by local artists, and more.
- Learn about the plants growing in HCCC’s Craft Garden and how they are used in a variety of craft processes
- Have fun with hands-on activities:
- Basket weaving
- Create a nature-themed window hanging
- Fabric dyeing with indigo led by the Contemporary Handweavers of Houston
- View the fall exhibitions, OBJECTS: REDUX and Nathalie Miebach: The Water Line
- Enjoy food and refreshments from It’s a Wrap! food truck and Good Pop popsicles.
Double your fun by checking out Lawndale Art Center’s Family Day across the street. From 12 – 2 PM, Lawndale will offer hands-on activities inspired by their fall exhibitions, including Michael Menchaca’s The Codex Silex Vallis (The Silicon Valley Codex) and Saúl Hernández-Vargas’ Nothing Left of Us in the Wilderness (No queda nada para nosotros en la espesura). Their galleries will be open from 11 AM – 5 PM.
The HCCC parking lot will be blocked off for activities and food trucks, but street parking is available nearby.
The HANDS-ON HOUSTON FAMILY FESTIVAL is a super-sized version of HANDS-ON HOUSTON, a free craft-activity open house at HCCC on the first Saturday of every month (11 AM – 3 PM). Each month, a teaching artist demonstrates a craft related to current exhibitions and events. Families and children of all ages are welcome, and materials are provided.