The first annual Bayou Greenway Day is almost here!
Bayou Greenway Day 2015
Saturday, April 4, 2015
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
On Bayou Greenway Day, Houstonians are invited to experience the transformation happening along the city’s bayous as a result of the Bayou Greenways 2020 project. It will be a great opportunity to explore the many ways you can use the Bayou Greenways and make them your own!
This free, day-long event will offer families the chance to walk, bike, run, stroll, play, and paddle between park sites along Brays Bayou Greenway – the star of this year’s event.
Four “hubs” – Fonde Park (5500 Carrolton), Gragg Park (2999 South Wayside), Spurlock Park (6700 Park Lane), and Mason Park (541 South 75th St) – will feature an array of fun activities for all ages in festival-like atmosphere.
Here are just a few of the activities not to miss on Bayou Greenway Day, presented by Noble Energy:
- Walk, run or stroll with B.O.U.N.C.E. in a 5K along the Brays Bayou Greenway trails
- Bike with BikeHouston and Mayor Annise Parker on a Kidical Mass bike ride
- Play soccer with the Houston Dynamo
- Picnic with Moon Rooster, GinGin’s Kitchen, and Phojita Fusion food trucks
- Paddle kayaks with Bayou City Adventures in Brays Bayou
- Dance with Frame Dance and the Stephen F. Austin Marching Band
- Win prizes from Recipe for Success
- Learn about protecting our natural resources with Bayou Preservation Association, Houston Wilderness, and Student Conservation Association
- Meet a new furry friend with Houston SPCA
- See how you can make the Bayou Greenways your own!
Learn about all of these activities – and more – at www.bayougreenwayday.org.